Join the Workforce Instructions for Standards and Efficiency (WISE) on Thursday, September 26, from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM, for a webinar that covers the upcoming 2019 energy code—specifically for high performance attics and walls.
Funded by the California Energy Commission, WISE is a training and education program designed to support the transition of new residential buildings toward high performance attics and walls. These building approaches often introduce new construction practices, like 2×6 walls, and associated challenges, like sequencing.
High performance attics and walls were introduced in the 2016 Title 24 energy code, but most builders were able to find other energy tradeoffs, such as solar photovoltaics, to achieve compliance without these high-performance assemblies. The 2019 code eliminates common tradeoffs, including the solar offset, making high performance attics and walls critical design features of any code compliant building starting January 1, 2020. The webinar will address:
- What qualifies as high performance attics and walls?
- What are the differences between the 2019 and 2016 code requirements?
- What common challenges do builders face when adopting these measures?
- What are best practices?
- What products and resources exist to help builders meet these requirements?
- What are the requirements for different climate zones?
This presentation is targeted towards:
- Purchasing managers
- Site superintendents
- Energy consultants
- HERS raters
To register for the webinar, click here.